Position: Ticket Taker - Parade of Homes
Reports to: MABA Executive Director Status: Seasonal/Contractor
The Madison Area Builders Association (MABA) seeks approximately 20 - 25 individuals to work in a 1099 contractor role for seasonal help with the Parade of Homes held June 16-25, 2023. Individuals will be offered roles based upon their chosen availability and geographic location preference. Ticket takers will work at a Parade of Homes site or at an individual home across Dane County, and ensure attendance is recorded and ticket sales are properly administered. The Parade of Homes is open 10 straight days and is open approximately 40 hours over this time period.
This a contract position and no ongoing employment or contractor relationship extends beyond the dates of the 2023 Spring Parade of Homes (June 16-25, 2023).
Dates & Hours: June 16 - 25, 2023
Monday - Friday: 3:45pm - 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:45am - 5:00pm
Hourly Rate: $15.00 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check for Attendee tickets and track Attendance at an individual home/site
- Provide information to Attendees regarding the Parade of Homes, including Plan Books, directions, and other marketing information
- Conduct ticket sales via cash sales and credit card transactions (if applicable)
- Maintain cleanliness of the ticket taker area
- Excellent customer service and a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong sense of professionalism & responsibility
- Valid Driver’s License - OR - Dependable transportation option
- Ability to work nights and weekends to meet MABA event needs
- Ability to multi-task and make sound business decisions
- Experience in retail or other customer facing positions desired, but not required
- High School (14+) and College Students are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should contact Chad Lawler with written interest at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 1, 2023.